project to get desktop items to follow HIG so it can get included in FC3

Miloslav Trmac mitr at volny.cz
Thu May 6 09:44:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 09:34:52AM +0000, Kristof Vansant wrote:
> After 3 months after the freezing date. So after there translated. The
> results are put in .desktop files and send to the maintainers.
Most of the GNOME packages should already use a internationalization mechanism
(intltool) upstream; if they are not using it, they should. Maintaining
desktop file translations separately is error-prone and the translations
will probably get stale (new translators are very likely not to notice
that they need to update the desktop file, and manual adding of the
translations puts a burden on the maintaner).

I don't know how KDE does it, but the desktop files come translated
from upstream too :)
	Mirek