Re: project to get desktop items to follow HIG so it can get included in FC3

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 09:34 +0000, Kristof Vansant wrote:
> xchat.desktop
> original:
> Name=IRC Client
> GenericName=IRC Client
> Comment=X-Chat
>
> lupus:
> Name=X-Chat IRC Client
> GenericName=IRC Client
> Comment=For chatting on IRC

It is absurd that you shouldn't put X-Chat or lupus into Name=

Likewise, it is absurd if these fields are not handled like they should.

On my FC2t3+updates, I have the following info on Evolution:

Name=Evolution Email
GenericName=
Comment=Send email and manage your schedule

Shouldn't this be:
Name=Evolution
GenericName=Email
Comment=Send email and manage your schedule

???

It should. And it should display something debatable like:

   Name GenericName
   Comment

But if fields have names, then these names have meanings, right? :)
The meanings should be respected, and fix the software if needed, but
don't invert the meanings on account of software bugs as if that is the
solution. Fix the bugs.

Rui