I2O kudzu + anaconda Status

Test results from I2O installation... failure.

I rebuilt my own tree with rawhide + modified kudzu + grub + lvm2. Booted x86_64 boot.iso.

<jeremy> warren_laptop: I haven't moved them yet... still staring at anaconda. but going cross-eyed, so think I'll move them and just finish looking at anaconda in the morning
<jeremy> you'll get told that there are no hard drives in the loader, but then if you continue, you should see them in disk druid

Anaconda says there are no hard drives in the loader, and when I go to Disk Druid it says this fatal message, "An error has ocurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem."

In ALT-F2, kudzu-probe displays this among the devices:

Scanning for SCSI Controllers
	Device Distributed tech|SmartRAID V Controller:
	    Desc:	Distributed Tech|SmartRAID V Controller
	    Driver:	dpt_i2o
	    Device:	None

kudzu still knows about the old 2.4 kernel dpt_i2o driver, while in this kernel we are using i2o_block. I suspect kudzu or hwdata needs changing, and kudzu needs more changing to work properly here. I am working more on this again in several hours after I fix a few xorg-x11 upgrade issues.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com