I2O kudzu + anaconda Status

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri May 7 08:53:26 UTC 2004

Dumitru Ciobarcianu wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 21:30 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
>
>>kudzu still knows about the old 2.4 kernel dpt_i2o driver, while in this
>>kernel we are using i2o_block.  I suspect kudzu or hwdata needs
>>changing, and kudzu needs more changing to work properly here.  I am
>>working more on this again in several hours after I fix a few xorg-x11
>>upgrade issues.
>

> Will it work for update ?
> As in up2date -u kernel, and the install script to
> change /etc/modprobe.conf.

Other changes in your config will be needed because your block devices
change from /dev/sd* to /dev/i2o/hd*.

> Is there any doc for the i2o block driver?
> I was being misguided and I put i2o_scsi instead of dpt_i2o in
> modprobe.conf and it failed on me. Should it work with i2o_block ?

i2o_scsi is almost never used because it is for accessing disks
directly.  i2o_block is used for accessing the logical block devices of
your I2O RAID controller.  If you have disabled RAID arrays, then these
block devices become the individual disks.

Note that only 351 and later kernels are patched with Markus Lidel's
newer fixes.  All previous kernels have severe problems if your RAID
controller has more than a single logical array.

http://i2o.shadowconnect.com/
One more patch for i2o_proc available at Markus' I2O homepage, along
with other information.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com