Re: Synaptic Touchpad

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 10:37 -0700, Daryll Strauss wrote:
> 	Any comments on the problems with the Synaptics touch pad on laptops?
> Since it's common on a lot of laptops it's a step back from FC1 to FC2
> right now. It's really painful to use in this state.
>
> 	Just to make sure I'm clear, the touch pad now jitters badly, no longer
> supports taping for mouse clicks, and no longer supports the scroll
> wheel area. These all worked under FC1 and no longer do. There's two or
> three bugs files on the topic.

You need the synaptics driver (is it already in the distro?) and a good
configuration.

I currently have:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "synaptics"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto-dev"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "UpDownScrolling" "yes"
        Option      "EmulateMidButtonTime" "500"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
        Option      "SHMConfig" "no"
        Option      "BLCornerButton" "2"