Re: cup version drop "v"

Hi Panu,

> > This
> > exception is a pita when using scripts to sort rpms by version.

> Sorting rpm's without using rpm's own version comparison algorithm is
> guaranteed to break at some point, better use rpm-python bindings for such
> tasks.

Actually my "sorting algorithm" is much easier: I'm sorting the
downloaded updates by date ;-) . I break the version of by splitting the
file name on the third dash from the end.

It's just that when picking the latest version of a package I check for
a digit after the package name as to avoid confusion between fe cup and
cup-devel. Versions starting with a letter break with this check.

Leonard.