systematic Kerberization

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue May 11 03:15:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Chris Adams wrote:

>Once upon a time, Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> said:
>> * ssh
>
>As I understand it (I don't yet do Kerberos), the latest OpenSSH has
>integrated GSSAPI support.  Also, from what I understand, the FC version
>of OpenSSH is older due to FC-specific patches (related to SELinux?), so
>that has to be worked out (and then it should just be changing a compile
>option to OpenSSH).

3.8.1p1 has some GSSAPI support but not all GSSAPI support that 3.6
does. It is a matter of the OpenSSH guys wanting to make sure it goes in
working pieces than a ball. THe second matter is that the 3.6 GSSAPI is
not compatible with the 3.8 version due to the differences in the
proposed RFC between the 2 times.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645
-- You should consider any operational computer to be a security problem --