Fedora treats security as a joke.

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue May 11 12:11:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004 13:43:59 +0200, StoneBeat <stonebeat at ya.com> wrote:
> Where is the security advisor ??? and the security patch ???

Security advisories for updates that have been released go here:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/

Sercurity advisories for updates in testing go to
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/

FedoraNews even has an rss feed.
http://www.fedoranews.org/rss/fedora-updates.xml

Cross-posting the update release annoucements to other lists is
something to consider. Why isn't it happening yet? That I don't know,
maybe its just one of those tasks waiting for a community volunteer to
take responsibility for.

> Why Fedora doesn't have a security coordinator  or even a security team ??

A difficult question, and probably too important an answer to be
sustituted with the assumption i'm working under that Red Hat's
security coord is also coordinating fedora security to some extent.

-jef