systematic Kerberization

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed May 12 02:18:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 22:06, Chris Ricker wrote:
> At any rate, I don't think it's a case of a "perceived deficiency vs.
> Windows." It's a perceived deficiency, period, and it's not how other Unixen
> (Solaris, for example) or even other Linux distros behave....

In that case it should be an easy fix - what do the other guys do, let's
get the change in.

The current situation seems to pretty obviously not work at all for
laptops, so security benefits are sort of irrelevant (a laptop may as
well be entombed in concrete if you can't log in while traveling...)

Havoc