Menu Policy - please read if you maintain a package with a .desktop file in it!

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri May 14 01:15:24 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 19:06 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> I understand trying to make things simpler, but I also have a problem
> with this.  I will sometimes intentionally install multiple things (like
> OOo and Gnumeric), with the intention of checking them both out to see
> which one I like (or does what I want) better.  I install both from the
> regular install menu in anaconda; with your rule above, I wouldn't end
> up with both in the desktop menus that way.

Actually, I think this would be fine as long as only one of them were
selected as a default in anaconda.  If somebody goes to the trouble of
clicking to turn on all of the optional things in every component, if
the results are somewhat similar to an everything install in terms of
having a little bit more clutter, that doesn't strike me as a horrible
thing

Jeremy