Re: Module symbol versions in installer kernel

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 01:45:20PM +0200, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> the installer uses kernel-BOOT for floppies and (I think this changed)
> the i586 kernel for the cd based installs (note: prior to fc1 this was
> also the kernel-BOOT kernel). If you have a recentish intel/amd cpu then

I was wondering about this. Is it still the case that i586 performs _worse_
on non-original-Pentium systems than i386? (Or is that wrong in the first
place, or not relevant to kernels?)

Which brings up this question: are there any i586 systems out there with
enough RAM to run anaconda anyway?