Re: Module symbol versions in installer kernel

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Saturday 15 May 2004 03:29, Paul Gear wrote:
>
>>>Now we're getting somewhere.  :-)
>>>
>>>Would you mind elaborating on that a little?
>

> If you look in /usr/src/linux-2.6/configs/  you will see a lot of config
> files for different archs.

We're talking FC1 here, not FC2.  It is kernel 2.4.22, not 2.6.  Does
that make any difference to the situation?

> If you're installing off of CD, the install
> kernel is the same version, but built for i586, and not i686.  Thus you
> must build your module against a i586 configured kernel source tree.

As far as i can tell, the disc i built included all kernel versions.
That is the default on Doug Ledford's dd kit, isn't it?  I'll double
check this.

Thanks for your time.
--
Paul