Re: Making NPTL the default for FC3, vanilla i386 support

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 02:55:08PM +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> It's always a bit sad to have to give up compatibility, but otoh most
> boxes with i386 CPUs (including Cyrixes and WinChips) are usually not
> that well equiped to run the bloated releases we have today anyway.

Winchip is pentium equivalent, cyrix above cyrix 386 is 486 equivalent.
We are talking
	Intel i386 (double sigma, DX, SX) [pre double sigma not supported
		    anyway)
	AMD and Cyrix clones of the above
	Probably Nexgen 5x86 [lacks kernel side read faulting]