Re: Making NPTL the default for FC3, vanilla i386 support

Alan Cox wrote:

tsc is pentium and higher. cmov is pentium pro and higher. RPM is just broken according to that bug.

RPM ever since RH9 has been shipping with an internalized db4, I think for the purpose of working without NPTL. It works great, and I have used it every day since RH9's beta. In fact fedora.us-buildsys relies on it for all RH9 through FC2 packages.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com