[Fwd: Re: Opinion: NVIDIA drivers are a Good Thing [tm]]

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed May 19 22:38:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 21:22 +0200, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > Restrictions on the whole superimpose on the GPL and LGPL stuff.
> >
> > YES or NO ?
> >
> > Objective questions are funny!
>
> you need to read the GPL about what "mere aggregation" implies. You can
> put restrictions on stuff on a CD even if other *unrelated* parts are
> GPL.

I'm not talking about mere agregation.
Mere aggregation is a CD with software.
Installation is refused. That goes way beyond mere aggregation, IMO.

I don't want this to be a problem, I would like to see this very _very_
cleared up since the EULA mentions pristine AND modified copies are
subject to it.

Rui