[Fwd: Re: Opinion: NVIDIA drivers are a Good Thing [tm]]

Miloslav Trmac mitr at volny.cz
Thu May 20 09:40:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 11:38:42PM +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> I'm not talking about mere agregation.
> Mere aggregation is a CD with software.
> Installation is refused. That goes way beyond mere aggregation, IMO.
Exactly. GPL doesn't require that every CD that ships the package must
contain an installation program, so it is also not forbidden for the
installation program to put additional restrictions on the user.

You are still free to install the software packages as you see fit
if you don't use the installation program that is completely out
of scope of GPL requirements of the individual packages.
	Mirek