Request for Packages in Fedora Core 3

Peter Linnell scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com
Mon May 24 03:53:06 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 23:09, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 09:20:15PM -0400, Peter Linnell wrote:
> > "When would Scribus be worthy of inclusion?"
>
> Personally, I think the major "problem" with Scribus is that it is a
> Qt app, not a KDE app, so it doesn't exactly integrate with any of the
> desktops available in FC.  As an occasional user, I think it would be
> nice if Scribus at least had the option of pulling in the KDE libs to
> get the consistent dialog boxes and such.

<snip>

The reason why Scribus is not a purely KDE app is the desire to retain
cross-platform compatibility. Scribus is available for fink, I am
testing it with Cygwin and a native Win32 port is underway. We could not
do this as a pure KDE application.

We are planning on adding a compile time option to add KDE support, but
not likely until after 1.2 is released. We are not quite in a feature
freeze, but close.

Peter