/sbin/devlabel errors at boot.

Brian Millett bpm at ec-group.com
Mon May 24 14:56:50 UTC 2004

Hi,
 First of all, I am running FC2 + rawhide (got to bleed!).  I've been just
yum updating and did not have any problems that were not resolved.  I did
not upgrade to FC2 with the CS's so my problems could be a result of not
having anaconda work its final mojo, but I'm not sure.

Problem:  I get the following errors at boot, or rather when
/sbin/devlabel is restarted in /etc/rc.sysinit:

/sbin/devlabel: line 880: /etc/sysconfig/devlabel.d/ignore_list: No such
file or directory
/sbin/devlabel: line 881: /etc/sysconfig/devlabel.d/proc_partitions: No
such file or directory
grep: /etc/sysconfig/devlabel.d/ignore_list: No such file or directory
/sbin/devlabel: line 905: [: -eq: unary operator expected
grep: /etc/sysconfig/devlabel.d/ignore_list: No such file or directory
/sbin/devlabel: line 129: [: -gt: unary operator expected
grep: /etc/sysconfig/devlabel.d/ignore_list: No such file or directory
/sbin/devlabel: line 129: [: -gt: unary operator expected
grep: /etc/sysconfig/devlabel.d/ignore_list: No such file or directory
/sbin/devlabel: line 129: [: -gt: unary operator expected
grep: /etc/sysconfig/devlabel.d/ignore_list: No such file or directory
/sbin/devlabel: line 129: [: -gt: unary operator expected

I see that all of these messages are caused from a lack of having a
/etc/sysconfig/devlabel.d directory.

Do I need one?  What steps do I take to get right with the world?

Thanks.
--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group  "Shifts in paradigms