Re: Reduce "Core" to 1 Binary CD? -- Don't change Core, but make CD #1 "standalone"

On May 24, 2004, "Bryan J. Smith" <b j smith ieee org> wrote:

> Surely we could fit a lot of functionality on a single CD.  Just the
> basic utilities, X, GNOME and a few other things.  Just enough to get up
> and running.

As in, make the installer one of the applications of a Fedora Core
Live CD?  First thing it does is to copy the contents of its root
filesystem to the chosen root filesystem (should be faster than
`rpm'ing around lots and lots of packages, and saves CD space!), then
enables the user to select additional packages to install/remove.