A usefull tool (Was: Making Fedora Core CD #1 Standalone)

Chris Chabot chabotc at 4-ice.com
Tue May 25 15:33:01 UTC 2004

Ahh good point.. Fortunatly by including 'all the -devels' 98% is
covered.. What's probably missing from the list are things like doxygen
(i dont think anything requires it, but i know apr/httpd forinstance do
buildrequire it). But as i said, i think most of it is in there.

I think you might've just inspired me to expand my script to pull in
.spec's too..

.. Just brainstorming here, easiest way to get the .spec file for
installed packages would probably be to:

source_pkg = `rpm -q <package> -qf "%{SOURCERPM}"`
spec_file      = `rpm -qpl /path/to/$source_pkg | grep ".spec"`
rpm2cpio $source_pkg | cpio -iv $spec_file

    -- Chris