Re: rpm groups and fedora: a modest proposal

On Wed, 26 May 2004 11:02:36 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas mailhot laposte net> wrote:
> Any setup that does not allow in-package hints, distro policy and local
> sysadmin overlay will f*-up one of these people.

Have you not been listening to seth?
yum can merge group definitions from multiple sources. I'm really not
convinced you NEED in package group tags, just like i don't think you
NEED in package recommend tags. You publish packages in a repo...you
publish a comps.xml as well that can be merged in by package
management tools to handle both grouping and metapackage behavior.

-jef