FC 2 - RPM virtual provides on PIE broken (odd conflicts/triggers)

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed May 26 15:06:12 UTC 2004

PN> I think if you disable the internal depgen stuff that
PN> find-provides won't do this which is a temporary work around - try
PN> adding the following to the spec:

PN> %define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0

You can also include a custom dependency generator that calls the
normal one and greps out the broken ones.  Grab the nss_db SRPM and
look at how it does things.  (I use this to remove GLIBC_PRIVATE
dependencies with packaging the PGI compiler suite for my machines.)
It's basically:

(somewhere early)

%define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
%define __find_requires %{_builddir}/%{name}-%{version}/find-requires

(in %prep)

find_requires=`rpm --eval %%{__find_requires}`
echo "$find_requires | grep -v GLIBC_PRIVATE" > find-requires
chmod +x find-requires

 - J<