Re: rpm groups and fedora: a modest proposal

--On Wednesday, May 26, 2004 10:49 AM -0400 Brad Smith <brads redhat com> wrote:

So there is a need for grouping info even for "standalone" packages
because once they are installed they become part of a group of packages,
effective management of which is very important.

Instead of grouping, might it not make sense to use a keywords field? When packaging I find either that something fits in no existing group or several existing groups, so I often want multiple entries and often need a new one.