Re: debugging xorg-x11

Tony Grant wrote:

Le mer 26/05/2004 à 18:40, Charles R. Anderson a écrit :

I have a FC2 system whose X11 has locked up after sitting on a
screensaver overnight. I can still get into the system via ssh, but I
cannot vt switch away from the locked up X11. The X process is taking

Been there!

So you ssh into the machine and you do "killall xscreensaver"

Then you chose a sane screen saver instead of looping through them all.
Just to remind me that this happens I use BSOD...

Cheers

Tony Grant

I've had this "screensaver lockup" also. It seems to happen on two screen savers in particular "atunnel" and "polytopes" so I just unselected those from the rotation. IIRC this has been bugzilled.
Richard Hally