rpm groups and fedora: a modest proposal

Fri May 28 10:48:10 UTC 2004

Le ven, 28/05/2004 à 13:09 +0300, Panu Matilainen a écrit :
> On Wed, 26 May 2004, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > Now if you want mon opinion on rpm organisation, a mix of a Keywords
> > in-spec field (Matches: java, games, x11) and external group
> > declarations (external group descriptors, including user-provided group
> > overlays and perhaps grouping policy files) is the way to go. Really
> > this is much the same problem as menu building for example.
>
> Sounds a whole lot like debtags to me :) Check out
> http://deb-usability.alioth.debian.org/debtags/ (I'm not familiar with how
> it's actually implemented in Debian but that's pretty much irrelevant)
> And yes I would like to have such a system in rpm as well.

Why am I not surprised;) ?
The different packaging groups like to think they are totaly original
and separate, but really there is not so many workable solutions at a
point of time given the state of the art.

Another reason why patenting software is a really bad idea.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot