submount?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon May 31 18:53:44 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 20:30, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 12:02:07PM +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > I've just put some code in HAL to detect whether the eject button is
> > pressed (using MMC-2) so ideally HAL would relay this to gnome-vfs which
> > would emit a PreUnmount signal such that apps closes their files and
> > then it can do the unmount(1), eject(1) dance. Thing is, I don't know
> > how many drives correctly implement this MMC-2 bit, any insight?
>
> My Dad has an HP drive that does. Its the only one I've ever seen

The only one you seen that it works on? Really? I'm talking about this
piece of code

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0202.0/att-0603/01-cd_poll.c

FWIW, it works on my Liteon CDRW drive (only drive I tested). Jens
Axboe, seems a bit more confident in the availability of this

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0308.3/0511.html

so much in fact that he, uhmm, thinks magicdev should use it.

Thanks,
David