Re: .649 and .667 kernels and random lockups

seth vidal wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I've upgraded two machines to fc3rc5(ish) and then upgraded again to
latest rawhide. I've been running the .649 and .667 kernels on these two
systems. One is a dell dimension 2400 - p4 2.8ghz the other is an ibm
x23 thinkpad - p3-866mhz. Both of them will lockup if they sit idle for
a while. It's a hard lock up, I can't free them of it and I have no idea
what causes it. Is anyone else seeing this, too?

Thanks
-sv

Don't know about rawhide, but on FC2 I've had the screensaver put my machines into a state where they have to be powercycled. Turning off screensaver or judiciously choosing a single screensaver to run every time instead of allowing random selection has solved the problem.

Dave