Re: Problem with Fedora Core 2 remote kdesktop

Thanks for the info Rex. I actually found it by accident. I will try startkde instead. Is there a similar command for gnome?

-Bruce

Rex Dieter wrote:

Bruce Satow wrote:

Dear Folks,

At work, on my WinXP Pro computer, I start Exceed (x server), then run my SSH client to connect to my home linux server. I have set up my SSH client to tunnel all X11 connections. I can run all my X applications this way.

When my server at home was running under RH9.0, I could SSH in (as described above) to my home server from work, and at the linux prompt typed the command 'kdesktop'. Then the entire KDE desktop would appear on my remote computer.

Dunno how/why it worked before, but AFAIK, the proper way to start kde is with the 'startkde' command, not kdesktop.

-- Rex