A true package manager.

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Sat Nov 6 15:36:44 UTC 2004

On Saturday 06 November 2004 23:21, seth vidal wrote:
> I'd like to see both of these ready for FC4.

I'd also like to see a dist upgrade that works instead of burning CDs or
going through lengthy howtos on how to upgrade from FC55 to FC56
because kernel 7.5 has some new whizbang module that requires
modification of every config file in the system. Just as an example.

Many comments on FC1 to FC2 were that "anaconda" just does a lot smarter
on upgrades than yum/apt.  So, maybe a bit more poking around an online
anaconda update without reboot to floppy or some hacked grub boot image
would be great.

--
-jeff