Re: A true package manager.

On Sunday 07 November 2004 00:05, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 10:58:42 -0500, seth vidal <skvidal phy duke edu>
wrote:
> > Isn't that what anaconda does? It boots your system and upgrades
> > it?
>
> I think he wants a cookie cutter solution, that creates the grub
> entry for him. Like say a package that installs the anaconda boot
> image and creates the grubentry for it, without having to play tricks
> like getting the isos and renaming the isolinux boot image and
> creating the grub entry by hand.

Right.  And, we avoid having to download 4 CDs or 5 or 6 or 8 ... as the
Core bulks up it would be nice to have a workable solution for those
that only want a subset of the Core's packages and are willing to do an
online ananconda update but don't necessarily want to mess with HOWTOs
that can actually be automated.

--
-jeff