Re: RedHat forks OpenSSH?

Alan Cox wrote :

> On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 02:34:09PM +0100, Iago Rubio wrote:
> > I've just payed a fee of 1,50 euros to burn the fedore Core 3 release,
> > that will be payed to *some* singers affiliated to the SGAE. Weird,
> > isn't it ?
>
> Yes. Several EU countries do this and I have friends who mail order their
> blank CD's from non stupid EU member states in bulk (It is a single
> market....) in protest 8)

Well, I for one am living in Spain but buy blank media in Andorra where no
such taxes exist, unlike here or in France... where at one point
discussions to apply such taxes to all other storage devices (e.g. hard
drives) were taking place. I don't know the final outcome, though.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.9-1.649.radeon
Load : 0.17 0.28 0.26