Multicast DNS & the ".local" domain

Short question: Does Fedora Core 3 support multicast DNS name resolution for the ".local" domain?

Long: I can resolv my Linux hostname from my Mac OS X computer, but my Linux box can't resolve my Mac OS X hostname.

Looking at the network traffic, Mac OS X name queries for the ".local" domain do send mDNS traffic to the multicast mDNS address. Linux queries for the ".local" domain go against my ISP DNS server.