Re: NTFS support with FC3

On 11/11/2004 09:25:06 PM, Troy Murray wrote:

Does Fedora Core 3 include NTFS support (mount NTFS volumes, read/ write files, traverse directories, control permissions/ownership of files and directories)?

No, due to patent issues.

rpm.livna.org might (I haven't looked) have a kernel module for ntfs read support, but AFAIK the only ntfs write support that exists is very experimental and can not change the size of the file.

Me - I just use a fat32 partition and use that to share files between Linux and Windows.