Re: Stateless Linux Question

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 22:09 -0500, Christopher Hotchkiss wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I have been setting up a stateless linux install recently, and I have
> a question regarding the caching clients. On step six of the install
> guide (http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/stateless/sn-caching-clients.html),
> it states "Locate a bootstrap CD for the client OS you wish to install
> and mount it at /mnt/cdrom."

	Well done for getting that far :-)

> Would this be a Fedora Core 3 CD1? Or is there another cd I should be
> using?

	This one I think:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/images/boot.iso

> Is it possible to generate a caching install from a snapshot I've made
> in the previous steps?

	Well, that's effectively what you're doing - but, right now, the way it
works is that we do a minimal install in order to be able to run
replication client which pulls across your snapshot.

	In future this would probably need to be part of the installer itself
in some form - it was just easier to prototype it this way.

Thanks,
Mark.