stateless-snapshooter problems

Carlos Knowlton cknowlton at science.edu
Mon Nov 15 16:31:01 UTC 2004

Mark McLoughlin wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 09:10 -0600, Carlos Knowlton wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I trying to install Stateless Linux on a computer lab using FC3 (release
>>version).  I've been following the tutorial, and it's been a breeze so
>>far, but now I'm at the "4. Creating a snapshot of a prototype system"
>>section.  While attempting to create a snapshot, I get the following
>>message:
>>"
>>

>>  File "/usr/share/stateless/config.py", line 43, in get_ldap_uri
>>    server = self["LDAP_SERVER"].lstrip()
>>AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lstrip'
>>"
>>Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Are there any undocumented dependencies
>>to the "stateless-servers" package that I should may be missing?
>>

>	Looks like you need to set LDAP_SERVER in /etc/sysconfig/stateless. Did
>we miss documenting that in the tutorial?
>
>Cheers,
>Mark.

Nope, I somehow got my /etc/sysconfig/stateless reset back to
rpmdefault.  When that was fixed, I got another error.
Chalk another on up for new user stupidity. (It helps if the folder I
mounted the prototype image on has the same name that I gave to LDAP. :^)

Thanks for the tip!

Regards,
Carlos Knowlton