Re: glibc-2.3.3-76 problem starting httpd

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 12:53:52PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 20:19 -0500, Salane KIng wrote:
> > service httpd start
> > Starting httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries:
> > librt.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object: Permission denied
>
> Try this:
>
> restorecon /lib/librt*.so*
>
> Somehow the files got mislabeled.  This seems to be a problem popping up

Well, unless you have LD_ASSUME_KERNEL={2.2.5,2.4.0} in the environment
(or anything in that range), you are not loading /lib/librt*.so*, but likely
/lib/tls/librt*.so*.
Before restorecon, it would be good to see your ls -lZ /lib/tls

> occasionally.  My guess is it's a prelink bug.

Prove it ;)
Seriously, unless prelink printed Could not [gs]et security context
error, I don't see how that could have happened if it were a prelink bug.
There is just one place where it renames a newly created file over the old
one, and it is immediately preceeded by setting security context for the
newly created file from the old one.

	Jakub