Re: RFC: "Include .la files" rule for packages - revisited

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Michael Schwendt wrote:

This changes the .la/.so matter a good bit IMO. Where are we now? Do
we still delete .la files till we find out that it breaks something at
run-time?

In my experience, /usr/lib/lib*.la is safe to delete, whereas kde stuff in /usr/lib/kde3 is not. Others should be dealth with on a case-by-case basis (ie, remove .la files unless shown they are needed otherwise).

-- Rex