Re: rescue boot

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 02:24 -0800, Jamie Zawinski wrote:

> In FC2, the boot.iso doesn't have a self-contained way to give you a
> minimal shell.  If you boot from it in "rescue" mode, it insists on
> having (ftp/http/mount) access to the full set of install ISOs before
> it will even give you a shell.

It really just requires stage2.img iirc, which might weigh you down at
~80meg

There was a request to make it fully graphical and easy to use (i.e. the
rescue stuff), so while it might seem too quick for FC4, someone (some
people) might decide to actually start hacking on that

The aim: "So my mom can rescue her Linux box"

(or something like that...)
--
Colin Charles, byte aeon com my
http://www.bytebot.net/