FC3 DNS resolver issue

Hi all,
I am experiencing what I consider somewhat "strange" but probably
there could be some sort of logic behind, due to the great amount of
changes introduced in FC3.
Basically, the the FC3 boxes I am using in my office (a laptop and a
workstation) could not resolve internal names.
For example, I have an host named "trex":
[giallu molzilla ~]$ ping trex
ping: unknown host trex
[giallu molzilla ~]$ host trex
trex has address 192.168.1.101

The dns server runs dnsmasq, really useful for resolving host names
dynamically attached to the network with DHCP.

Any ideas out there??

thanks

Gianluca