anaconda ftp install

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Nov 17 22:45:52 UTC 2004

On 11/17/2004 11:31:15 AM, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> We check the md5 bit of the header now and do regrabs if it's at a
> point
> that we can.  Checking the GPG sig introduces a difficult chicken and
> the egg problem of where to get the key (especially for cases where
> people customize their install trees).  See
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/998

I did some testing - I think my problem was is a bug in the nic driver
for the imac (or hardware issue possibly). Hit it hard and
continuously, and it will occasionally serve a bad file, almost always
with large files - but it seems to be able to take files hard no
problem. I think I'll look for a newer kernel, but that's YDL and not
Fedora ;)