Re: (boot improvement experiments) Re: Boot poster challenge

Franco Catrin (fcatrin tuxpan com) said:
> > This has interesting effects on the available VTs for use.
>
> what do you exactly mean?
>
> mingetty lines are still on inittab, they run fine and X still loads in
> VT7

*dm takes the first available vt. If you run it before other VTs
are initialized, it will take, say, vt2.

However, now that I think about it, since we open all the configured
vts (for unicode initialization) in rc.sysinit, this should work.

Bill