Re: Latest kernels and megaraid module (was: Re: Boot poster challenge)

On Sunday 21 November 2004 09:46, Per Bjornsson wrote:
> As far as I can tell there's no way to tell that the
> post-install scripts failed using RPM, so this really isn't up2date's
> fault, it's a limitation of rpm.

Any non-zero return code in scriptlets causes RPM to issue a statement
about it.  When uninstalling, RPMs simply don't uninstall if the postun
scriptlets fail.  I've not experimented with $?, but I would assume
up2date could fully detect these issues as long as the scriptlets
produce appropriate error returns.

--
-jeff