Re: Latest kernels and megaraid module (was: Re: Boot poster challenge)

On Sunday 21 November 2004 17:50, Dag Wieers wrote:
> What is a problem though, is that rpm seldom allows you to see what
> failed. Just like rpmbuild does not (from the return code) give you a
> clue what happened and your only resort is to process the output :/

Hard to build a good framework when you can do just about anything in a
scriptlet. I mean, one could put "awktris" in the scriptlet for kernels
while the user waits for the hardlink step. ;)  In other words, any old
scriptlet can return any old return code and enforcing a rule in
up2date based on a subset would be next to impossible.

--
-jeff