Fwd: OpenOffice.org widget fonts

Avi Alkalay avibrazil at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 16:35:04 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:38:10 -0600 (CST), Rex Dieter
<rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> > Impossible. Then all my desktop will look like s*****it.
>
> Not impossible.  I've seen cases where AA fonts look *worse* after turning
> on the byte-code interpreter.

Only if you are using bad hinted fonts. The Tahoma, Verdana, and other
MS fonts are excelent, and should be used without AA in sizes up to 9
or 10pt.

AA for this sizes is a workaround for bad hinted fonts, and also for
non byte-code interpreter freetype lib.

> However, my bet is that you've possibly hit
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/133741

Doesn't help..... and I have ooo-kde installed.

Why the OOo FAQ, about switching fonts, does not work ?

Regards,
Avi