Re: Fedora Extras on x86_64

Am Mittwoch, den 24.11.2004, 15:00 +0000 schrieb Jeremy Sanders:
> Hi -
>
> I'm running FC2 on a new Athlon-64 system (x86_64 installation).
>
> Looking at http://www.linuxtx.org/amd64faq.html it suggests I can get
> fedora extras from
> http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/fedorax86_64/fedora.us/2/x86_64/ .
> However, these are quite old compared to the i386 fedora extras.
> There aren't any x86_64 binaries at
> http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/2/i386/RPMS.stable/
>
> So I could
>   o Use the old ones at duke.edu

Should work in most cases.

>   o Start recompiling SRPMS from the fedora.us
>   o Use the 32-bit apps, installing the appropriate 32-bit libraries

Sometimes I do this.

But is easiest is to wait some days/weeks:

Von: Warren Togami <wtogami redhat com>
Antwort an: Development discussions related to Fedora Core <fedora-
devel-list redhat com>
An: Development discussions related to Fedora Core <fedora-devel-
list redhat com>
Betreff: fedora.us and Extras FC3 Status
Datum: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:25:04 -1000
Enough people were confused about the situation, so I am making this
interim anouncement.

download.fedora.us for FC3 will only replicate from
download.fedora.redhat.com for convenience of apt users.  yum users
should use official download.fedora.redhat.com mirrors which are twice
as plentiful.

Currently the RPMS.extras directory is empty, because redhat's
infrastructure for the Extras relaunch is not done yet.  We're *really*
close now with build servers in the rack and CVS in configuration and
heavy testing.  Lots of tweaking and labor still pending.   Don't ask
for ETA.  If we have to answer questions, it will slow us down further.

Extras when built will be simultaneously available for i386 and x86_64
(both supported FC3 archs) and distributed in
download.fedora.redhat.com.  fedora.us will automatically replicate from
those directories for apt users.

Details about CVS, contribution legal forms, governance, and development
process & policies will be revealed when this relaunch happens.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com

Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info>