Re: /proc/config.gz support on? Why not?

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 02:03, Jeremy Rosengren wrote:
> If they're that important to you, I'd imagine you'd find ways to make
> backup copies of them to prevent complete loss in the event of an
> accidental deletion.  Otherwise, you can always get at them by
> reinstalling the kernel RPM.

I can only guess on what the original intend of this mail was - but how does
the config get into /boot if you roll your own kernel? if the support for
config.gz is on, you're guaranteed to find the config of the currently
running kernel in /proc/config.gz, no matterr if you run a stock or your own
kernel, no matter how many kernels you have installed, ...

I can see the benefit - especially since I'm maintaining a environment with a
couple hundret linux boxes in various configurations.

Peter.