Re: FC3 PPC development tree / installing FC3 on B&W PowerMacG3

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 22:37 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> I never got networking on my iMac to work, and I gave up rather quickly
> - the newer kernels from rawhide wanted other things updated. Not worth
> the hassle for me since I would have to burn crap to CD to get it to
> the iMac. So hopefully a future PPC fedora tree with a boot.iso that
> boots my iMac will emerge. I may just junk the iMac though and buy an
> eMac - they are cheap and a lot faster.

Networking never works on your iMac? Okay, let's presume DHCP is borked,
can you set everything static based and see it work?

If DHCP is failing, please file a bug report, and also provide the
relevant tcpdump output. Some odd regression possibly, because I faced
this during some early FC2 rawhide testing, but it was fixed
--
Colin Charles, byte aeon com my
http://www.bytebot.net/