X/GDM steps

Hi, im trying to authenticate my users against a LDAP server
(eDirectory) but GDM does not let me in.

If log in a console (init 3) a then do startx it works ok.
So im wondering what are the steps when i login in gdm?

thx
--
Patricio Bruna                                  http://www.linuxcenterla.com
Ingeniero de Proyectos                  Mariano Sánchez Fontecilla 310, piso 2