XDM||GDM||KDM LDAP Auth

Casper Pedersen cpedersen at c-note.dk
Fri Nov 26 21:56:41 UTC 2004

It's a problem with your setup (I use openLDAP without any problems -
and I reckon others also do). Make sure that you have a loginshell
attribute on the user object.

getent passwd will have to return something like:

Make sure that the loginshell attribute is set, check it with
ldapsearch, as it could be a rights issue make sure that [public] or
your ldapproxy user have rights to see it.

Regards/Casper