APT repository problems with up2date

William M. Quarles quarlewm at jmu.edu
Fri Nov 26 21:56:50 UTC 2004

Jos Vos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Before I start digging in the up2date code myself, maybe someone
> can comment on this:
>
> I have a problem when using up2date up2date with my self-created
> APT repositories.  When updating, it complains about conflicting
> files: it just thinks that a long list of directories that are
> shared among packages conflict with each other.
>
> Apt-get itself (and synaptic) seems to work fine with the same
> repository, only with up2date there is a problem.  Also, up2date
> with a yum repository of then same package set works fine, as
> does yum itself.
>
> FWIW: I generate my APT repositories with --flat --bloat.

Jos,

I'm sorry that nobody on the Fedora developer's list has responded to
your issue.  Maybe we can get some conversation going now.

I'm experiencing the same problems with the repositories at Planet CCRMA
<http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/>.  However, both the
Yum and Apt repositories at this site are showing these issues.
Apparently Up2Date may be very specific in what it expects from a
repository.

Peace,
William